UPDATE: Apple Podcasts category changes 2019
26th July 2019
Apple Podcasts recently rolled out an updated list of podcast categories that Captivate completely supports.
These categories have been implemented within Captivate, here's our guide on how to change your Apple Podcasts categories quickly and easily.
VERSION: Beta programme
28th June 2019
Captivate has always been a part of the Podcast Websites platform. This release sees the launch of Captivate's podcast hosting, analytics and distribution tools to the wider podcasting industry without the need for a Podcast Websites account - from here, you can host your podcast with Captivate at a rate similar to that of other podcast hosting companies such as Libsyn, Simplecast, PodBean, Blubrry et al - albeit with more ease of use.
The beta launch brings with it everything that you would expect from a world-class podcast host and sets the stage for innovative new growth-oriented features in future versions.
Beta features include but aren't exclusive to:
- Easy import from other podcast hosts, for free
- Multiple podcast shows and RSS feeds under one account
- Easy, quick podcast publishing
- Simple syndication to podcast directories including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and more
- IAB compliant (soon to be IAB certified) podcast analytics
- Podchaser integration
- Stunning, easy to configure podcast websites
- A powerful yet simple embeddable podcast player for your website and social media
- The first range of marketing tools, including podcast links & embeddable player calls to action
- Captivate Sync™ WordPress plugin
- Podcast teams and personnel
- Bulk media uploads
- ...and more