Google Podcasts naturally ingests your show by crawling through websites and pulling the RSS feed link from a special meta tag in your header. Google Podcasts can take a little while to do this but there is a way to speed up the process.
1. Head to Google Search Console and login using your Google account. Note: if you don't already have an account you will have to create one.
If you do not have a website already set-up for your Google account, you will be asked to select one of the following:
2. From here, Select "URL prefix" and add either your Captivate sites or your own custom website URL.
3. Once you have done that you will asked to verify your domain. To do this you can then select the HTML tag option, or if that doesn't appear for you, head to Settings on the left hand side menu and hit Ownership Verification and then click HTML tag.
4. Copy the meta tag into the Google verification box which you will see under SEO & Sharing in your website settings page for your podcast show and then hit "Save".
5. Once you've done that, go back to your Google Search Console and hit Verify in the HTML tag section. You should now get a Successfully verified message just like this one:
Once that's complete, Google will crawl your website regularly. Yay!
That's it! 🙂