Once you have imported your podcast from Spreaker to Captivate using our easy import process, it is vital that a 301 redirect is added to your old RSS feed.
A 301 redirect is something that tells directories such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify that your feed has moved from Spreaker and to "look" at your new Captivate RSS feed for your podcast.
Note: 301 redirects should only be used after your show has been imported to Captivate and once we have all of your episodes from your old podcast host.
So how do you add a 301 redirect to your Spreaker feed?
Before you start, you will need your new Captivate RSS feed:
- In the top menu of your Captivate account you'll see the Copy Feed URL link. Click that and your Captivate RSS feed will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
Once you have your new Captivate RSS feed, head on over to your Spreaker account and carefully follow these instructions to ensure that the 301 redirect is added correctly:
- Log in to your Spreaker account
- Select Dashboard from the profile dropdown in the top right of the navigation bar
- Select the show you'd like to switch over to Captivate and choose RSS Customization from the left menu
- Select Redirect Feed and paste your Captivate RSS feed into the New Feed URL box
- Click Save
Note: We recommend that you keep your Spreaker account active for at least three weeks following the redirect to ensure that your listings update with your new RSS feed. This is a standard recommendation across all hosting platforms.
Recommended reading: What is and when to use a 301 redirect.