Once you have imported your podcast from Blog Talk Radio to Captivate using our easy import process, it is vital that a 301 redirect is added to your old RSS feed.
A 301 redirect is something that tells directories such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify that your feed has moved from Blog Talk Radio and to "look" at your new Captivate RSS feed for your podcast.
Note: 301 redirects should only be used after your show has been imported to Captivate and once we have all of your episodes from your old podcast host.
So how do you add a 301 redirect to your Blog Talk Radio feed?
Before you start, you will need your new Captivate RSS feed:
- In the top menu of your Captivate account you'll see the Copy Feed URL link. Click that and your Captivate RSS feed will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
Once you have your new Captivate RSS feed, head on over to your Blog Talk Radio account and carefully follow these instructions to ensure that the 301 redirect is added correctly:
- Contact the Blog Talk Radio support team.
- Advise them you need a 301 redirect on your RSS feed - use the Subject line in the Contact Form on the Support page.
- You will need to provide them with your Blog Talk Radio URL or Host ID.
- Paste your Captivate RSS feed into the form, and submit your request.
Note: We recommend that you keep your Blog Talk Radio account active for at least three weeks following the redirect to ensure that your listings update with your new RSS feed. This is a standard recommendation across all hosting platforms.
Recommended reading: What is and when to use a 301 redirect.