Listener support is growing in popularity week-on-week for podcasters. It allows for an easy, scalable way to generate revenue from your true listeners and fans.
There are various options for building listener support, with the most popular being Patreon - we even use that for some of our hobby shows ourselves (look, everyone likes Star Wars, right?!).
We've made it super easy to integrate listener support into your podcast via the Captivate dashboard:
- Log in to your Captivate dashboard
- Make sure you're working on the right show by checking which show is displayed in the header of Captivate, swap if needed by clicking My Shows
- Click Edit Show Settings in the header
- Under the Donations section, enter your donation link and a donation text override (this label will replace the standard link text within any app that allows it plus within the Captivate eco-system, e.g. on your podcast's website and the Captivate podcast player)
- Click Update show settings
Your listener support donation link will now appear in every podcast app that supports it - nice and easy!