Whatever reason you have for needing to change the audio file uploaded to an episode, Captivate makes it easy and this action can be taken for draft, scheduled and published episodes.
The audio will instantly be changed once you save, whoop!
Here's how to do it:
- Click on the Episodes tab in your Captivate dashboard
- Find the episode you want to update, and click the Edit button next to it
- Underneath your show art, check the box that says Replace the audio file on this episode
- You can then drag and drop your new audio file, or select it from your Library, if you've already uploaded it there
- Once the file is uploaded, you'll see a confirmation message pop up in the top right of your screen
- Once uploaded, scroll down to the bottom right of the page and click Update Episode
And that's it, your new file has been uploaded and replaced the previous audio file.
Your analytics for that episode won't be affected, and your new audio will be published on the various podcast apps the next time they refresh their feed!
Recommended Reading: How to Upload and Publish Your Podcast Episodes on Captivate