Whether publishing an episode from your custom WordPress website, or from within your Captivate account, Captivate Sync™ ensures that both platforms are beautifully synchronised.
How do I publish an episode from my custom WordPress website using Captivate Sync™
- From your WordPress dashboard click My Shows on the left hand navigation menu
- Click Publish Episode for the podcast you want to schedule an episode for
From here, you can follow the same podcast upload and publish process as you would from your Captivate dashboard.
A note on WordPress fields: When publishing an episode from your custom WordPress website, you have the ability to add the following additional features:
- Podcast specific categories and tags for on-site grouping
- A custom featured image
- Ability to manage the WordPress permalink for each episode
- The option to allow for comments, pingbacks & trackbacks
To edit an episode from your WordPress dashboard using Captivate Sync™
From time to time you may need to make a change to one of your already published episodes.
Whether it's to correct a spelling error, switching up your podcast episode title or changing your podcast cover art, changes can be made easily, right from your WordPress dashboard:
- Head to the Captivate Sync™ section of your left-side navigation in WordPress
- Select the podcast that has the episode that you want to update
- From the episode list, click the edit icon on the episode you'd like to update
- When you've made your desired changes click Save
Let Captivate Sync™ do it's magic and your Captivate account and custom WordPress website will by synchronised 😊