Making a podcaster's life easier is our mantra at Captivate, and one of the reasons behind our awesome Team feature.
This allows you to not only create and manage a team for your show, but also assign dedicated user permissions as well as what show(s) that team member should be part of.
With this feature, you can have other team members dedicated to the marketing, design, project management, and more when it comes to your podcast.
You can also remove users from your show when they're no longer part of it. The best part? It's super easy to do - let's jump in!
How to edit a user role
Once you've created your podcast team, and assigned the user role for each member, there may come a time when you need to edit permissions.
If you need to make any changes to a user, simply follow the steps below:
- Log into your Captivate dashboard and click on the Team tab on the left hand menu.
- Click on the View & Manage Access link for the team member you wish to edit
- This will take you to the Permissions options for that team member. Simply select or deselect the options you wish to change, and click the Update Role button.
And that's it! You've successfully edited your team member's roles! 👍 And since each option describes exactly what permissions they'll have, you can be safe in the knowledge that every team member as as much, or as little, permissions as they require.
How to assign a user to a new podcast
As well as assigning the permissions you want your team member(s) to have, you can also add them to a new podcast in a couple of quick, easy steps!
- Make sure you're on the show settings page for the podcast you want to add the new team member to, by clicking on My Shows in the top right of your dashboard, then the podcast you wish to edit.
- Click the Team tab in the left navigation.
- Click Add Team Member.
This will take you to the Add Team Member screen. From here, you have two options for adding team members.
- Choose existing team member: if you already have a team set up, you can use the drop down to select that person. Click Add Team Member, and they'll receive an email notification to advise them of their new role.
- Invite new team member: simply fill out the first name, last name, and email address of the person you wish to add to your team, and click Add Team Member. Once they accept the invite via email, they'll be added to your team.
You can also set up your new team member's permissions from the Add Team Member Screen, so they'll be ready to go once they've been added to your show!
How to delete a user
If you ever need to remove a team member from a show, this is also easy to do 😊
- Click on the Team tab in the left navigation inside your Captivate dashboard (if you have multiple shows, make sure you're on the show settings page for the podcast you want to delete the team member from, by clicking on My Shows in the top right of your dashboard, then the podcast you wish to edit)
- Click the Delete icon (the little red trash bin) next to the name of the person you wish to delete
- When the Remove Access pop-up screen appears to confirm your decision, click the Remove button
Your team member has now been removed, including all the permissions, etc, that had been set up for them.