If you've moved to Captivate from another host, we make it super easy to import your podcast, as well as update your RSS feeds automatically with a 301 redirect, to make sure your move goes smoothly, both for you and your listeners.
While a 301 redirect should automatically update your old RSS feed to your new Captivate feed, there are occasions where you may need to update this yourself, at least on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Thankfully, it's super easy, as this guide shows!
Note: Before you start, make sure to copy your Captivate RSS feed so you're ready to update it on each platform. In the top menu of your Captivate account you'll see the Copy Feed URL link. Click that and your Captivate RSS feed will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
Updating your RSS feed on Apple Podcasts
If you need to update your RSS feed on Apple Podcasts, follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Podcast Connect account on Apple (this uses the same Apple ID you use for other Apple products and services)
- Click on the image of your podcast
- In the RSS Feed URL box, enter your Captivate RSS feed
- Click Refresh Feed
This will refresh Apple Podcasts with your new feed, and usually updates within 24 hours.
Updating your RSS feed on Spotify
if you need to update your RSS feed on Spotify, follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Spotify for Podcasters account
- Click on the Details tab
- Scroll down to the Podcast settings section
- Click the Update button
- Paste your Captivate RSS feed, and click Next
- Select your podcast host in the dropdown - it should already say Captivate. Click Next
- Check that everything looks okay, and then click Submit
This will refresh Spotify with your new feed, and usually updates within 24 hours.
And that's it - we told you it was simple! 😁
Recommended Reading: What is, and when to use, a 301 redirect